Dr. (Fr) P.D. John (JOHN PARANKIMALIL), M.A.(English), M.Ed, PhD (Education), popularly known as Fr. P.D. Johny is a member of the Salesians of Don Bosco. He received the 1st Computer Excellence Award for Schools from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the President of India in August 2002 when he was the Principal of St. Anthony’s Higher Secondary School, Shillong. He was the National President of All India Association of Catholic Schools (AINACS), New Delhi and the Charter President of Orchid City Shillong. He received Guruvar Best Teacher Award from Shri Kapil Sibal, HRD Union Minister in 2009. He was given ‘Pioneer of Education’ award by Chief Minister of Meghalaya in 2014 and Green Mission Champion Award by the Meghalaya Government Award, 2015. Received Global Education Excellence Award, 2016 from Prime Time Research Media Private Limited on 10th April 2016. He has authored over 10 books. He conducts seminars for Heads of Schools, Teachers, Parents and Students. He joined as Director of Don Bosco Institute of Management, Guwahati in the month of June 2017 after 7 long years of service in Don Bosco College and Don Bosco College of Teacher Education, Tura.
DOB – 14 MARCH, 1963 (14/03/1963)
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION – B.A. (Eng Hons), B.ED, M.A. (Eng), M.Ed, Ph.D (Edn)
TEACHING EXPERIENCE – FROM 1985 ONWARDS
- In Secondary & Higher Secondary – 15 Years
- In Teacher Education Colleges – 13 Years
- Served as Vice Principal of St. Anthony’s Higher Secondary School, Shillong from 1993 (February – 1998 (September)
- Served as Principal of St. Anthony’s Higher Secondary School, Shillong from 1998 (October) – 2007 (February)
- Served as Principal of Don Bosco College of Teacher Education, Tura – 2010 (February) to June 2013.
- Served as Principal of Don Bosco College, Tura – from July 2013 to November 2015
- Served as Principal of Don Bosco College of Teacher Education, Tura – November 2015 to June 2017
- Presently, Director of Don Bosco Institute of Management (DBIM), Guwahati – From June 2017 onwards.
- Received the 1st Computer Literacy Excellence Award for Schools from Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, the President of India (2002).
- Elected as Charter President of the Rotary Club of Orchid City, Shillong in 2003 and was declared a Paul Harris Fellow for his contribution to Rotary International.
- Elected as National President of All Indian Association of Catholic Schools (AINACS), New Delhi from 2002 -2005
- Appointed as State Training Commissioner, Bharat Scouts and Guides (Scout Wing), Meghalaya – July 2006 to July 2009.
- Awarded Ph.D Fellowship by ICSSR (Indian Council for Social Science Research, New Delhi) for the Study of School Dropouts at Secondary Level in Meghalaya with Special Reference to East Khasi Hills District.
- Awarded Guruvar Best Teacher Award by Gems Foundation. The award was conferred by Shri. Kapil Sibal, HRD Union Minister at New Delhi on 23rd December, 2009.
- Conferred ‘Pioneer of Education’ Award by Dr. Mukul M. Sangma, Chief Minister of Meghalaya 30th July 2014
- Recipient of Mission Green Champion Award from the Chief Minister of Meghalaya on Republic Day 2015.
MEMBER OF –
- Was a Member of the Academic Council of North Eastern Hill University.
- Was a Member of the Advisory Board of the UGC-Academic Staff College, NEHU (North Eastern Hill University)
- Was a Member of University Court, North Easter Hill University, Shillong (NEHU)
- Was a Member of Board of Undergraduate Studies in Education (BUGS) in Education, NEHU
- Was a Member of Meghalaya Board of School Education for two terms
- Was a Member of the State Level Committee for Re-vamp of Education, 2005
- Was a Member of Meghalaya State Education Policy
- Was of Member of Higher and Technical Education Commission, Meghalaya
- Was a Member of the State level Screening Committee, Sports and Youth Affairs Department, Meghalaya
- Was a Member of the Committee to address various issues relating to Drop Out Rates of Students in Meghalaya and the feasibility of introducing State Specific Schemes for Mid Day meal
- Is a Member of INTACH (Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage)
- Was a Member of Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE), Education Department, Govt. of Meghalaya.
- Was a Member of the Advisory Council of Meghalaya Govt for RTE and all Educational Matters from March 2012 – March 2014.
- He Can Who Thinks He Can (Macmillan), 2000
- The Way to Success and Happiness (Savio), 2004
- On the Way Home, a collection of Moral Lessons (Scholars), 1996
- An Elocution Manual (Orient Longman), 2003
- Progressive Parenting (Bhabani Books), 2016 Edition
- Basic Catechism for All (Don Bosco, 2006, Holy Family International, Allahabad, 2007)
- Personality Development I&II (Savio). Introduced by MBOSE as a Text Book for Value Education, 2008
- Inspirational Stories for Purposeful Living – 1 (Bhabani Books, Guwahati), 2010, 6th Reprint, 2016
- Inspirational Stories for Purposeful Living – 2 (Bhabani Books, Guwahati) 2016
- How to Win Over Your Problems (Bhabani Books, Guwahati), 2012
- The Secrets of High Achievers (Bhabani Books, Guwahati), 2013
- Soft Skills Training (Bhabani Books, Guwahati), 2016
- Personality Development (Bhabani Books, Guwahati), 2016
- Teacher Training Programmes
- Student Training Programmes – Schools and Colleges
- Parenting Skills Training
- Heads of Schools
- B.Ed Trainees at CTE, PGT and IGNOU